Support Enquiry Zone
The Support Enquiry Zone (SEZ) provides a single point of initial contact for students who require information, help and advice about any aspect of University life. Staff at our ‘one stop shop’ will be able to help you with many types of requests immediately but if more specialist support is required we will put you in direct contact with a member of staff or team who can. If SEZ doesn’t know the answer, we will know someone who does!
If you would like to talk in confidence you can arrange to speak to a member of SEZ staff by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a suggested date/time. We can arrange to meet you in our private meeting room so that you do not have to come to the SEZ desk.
What type of enquiry can we help you with?
- Queries relating to your course (such as registration, modules, timetables, exam times and graduation).
- Use of the computing facilities (including passwords and getting personal devices connected to Wi-Fi).
- Use of services available in the Library Building (e.g. booking group study rooms, printing and borrowing books listed on your reading lists).
- Finding information online to help you prepare coursework and referencing what you have used.
- Making payments to the University (either online or via the cash desk)
- Obtaining letters and forms (e.g. Council Tax certificates, confirmation of student status letters for banks and landlords etc.)
- Signposting to support services that can help you with aspects of non-academic support e.g. Careers Centre, Disability Services, Counselling, Mental Health, Funding advice and International Student Support.